Tuesday, September 16, 2014

French Music

Good Morning Room 3 

This post is all about French Music. You all know how much I love to put on music and have a dance so I thought I would share some of my favourite French music with you and yes, of course, you can dance to it!

To start with a lot of the popular music in France is the same music as in Australia. We get a lot of our music from other parts of the world like USA  and England and so does France. Remember a lot of French people can speak some English so they understand most of the lyrics in the songs. Yes, One Direction and Justin Bieber are popular in France too, but here are some musicians that are popular in France.

Traditional French Style Music

This is the type of music that you would hear on television programs and films that are about France. The main instrument is an accordion. The music sounds very romantic. This music isn't played on the radio in France but I have heard many buskers in the streets playing it for the tourists.
Have a listen here, you may have heard it before.
This song is from the popular french movie Amelie.




Modern Music - KYO

These guys have a very popular song at the moment called Le Graal. It is all in French so I only understand parts of this song but the tune has become a favourite, not really one to dance to but a funky tune.
You can listen to this song here.

Dance Music - Logobitombo 

French kids love the song Logobitombo by Moussier Tombola. They go absolutely nuts, I have never seen it before. There is a dance that goes with this song which is super fun. Again this is all in French. This song is about which type of dance you like to do. It is very funny and the actions don't really make much sense, which is why I think kids like it. We are definitely doing this dance when I get back next term.
You can check out the film clip here and see if you can learn some of the dance before I get back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWXYnW2Um68


Fun Music - Magic in the Air

This song, Magic in the Air by Magic System, is a good one because the chorus is mostly in English and then the verses are in French. The song was inspired by the World Cup and you can see that inspiration in the film clip. Unfortunately this song doesn't come with a dance so we are going to have to make up one together. I think it might have to have some soccer type moves in it. When I hear this song it just makes me want to start jumping and cheering. This song is full of life and fun.
Listen to this fun song here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAkqJT_sMKQ





There are also many artists that are French but sing in English. Daft Punk are French and sing in English, and David Guetta is French too.

What is your favourite song at the moment? Have you had a dance to it lately? Maybe you can ask you parents or Miss Bettella to play it for you!

I hope you have all had a wonderful Term 3 and are looking forward to your holidays.

I have left France and have been to England, Wales, Ireland and I am now in Scotland. 

Not long until I am back in Australia! 

Au revoir

Miss Stinson

No comments:

Post a Comment