Friday, April 18, 2014

The Louvre

Good Morning Room 3

Yesterday I went to the Louvre. The Louvre is a famous gallery in Paris.

To enter the Louvre you go through this large glass pyramid, down, down into the many galleries. There are many famous paintings and sculptures kept at the Louvre. Many of these are worth millions of $. 

First we lined up for our tickets and audio tour. This audio tour was wonderful! I just put the headphones on and the map showed me where to go and I listened to the information about each painting or sculpture.  Brady - you will like the next part. The audio tour was all on a Nintendo DS 3D! It was so clever.
The room were filled ceiling to floor with paintings AND some paintings were on the ceiling. Imagine doing this at school. Imagine if I said 'Okay everyone today we are painting on the roof!'. 




We got to one room and it was packed. People were pushing and holding their phones up to take photos. This must be something very famous. It was - it was one of the most famous paintings in the world. The real thing. Anyone want to have a guess as to what this famous painting might have been? You definitely would have seen it or heard of it before.



 

Well done! It is the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci. You can read more about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Lisa and more about the artist here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci

I also went to a modern art gallery called Centre Pompidou. It looked futuristic from the outside, like it should exist on a planet in out of space. When we go to the top I was able to take some photos of Paris from above.



This was my favourite painting in the modern gallery. I was instantly drawn to her green dress. She is so pretty and elegant.


The best thing I saw at the gallery was a group of students around your age sitting with a teacher and talking about the painting behind them. They were speaking in french so I was only able to pick up a few words that I knew. They spoke about the colour and what the artist was trying to show. This looked like a very special excursion for the children. They all listened as the teacher spoke and put their hands up if they had a question or wanted to speak. That was the part I liked the most  The kids were offering what they thought the art meant and discussed it with their teacher. I was very impressed at how carefully they listened to each other and took turns to speak.

 

It was a big day of walking, looking and listening and I was so amazed and inspired by so many things that I saw.

I hope you are all having a wonderful holidays, try some art or craft on your holidays. You may be the next Leonardo Da Vinci.

Au revoir

Miss Stinson


No comments:

Post a Comment